"Be still, and know that I am God."
-Psalm 46:10



Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pure and Holy Passion

This semester and last I have had the opportunity to be a part of the First Presbyterian youth group here in Starkville.  Cameron (my sisters fiance, as well as the youth minister) thought it would bring some life into bible study if they worshipped through song every week before beginning the lesson.  So we began to practice together and work on a few songs to get started with.  One of the songs he introduced me to is called "Pure and Holy Passion."  I have fallen in love with it week after week and thought I would share it with you. 

The words to the song go like this..

Give me one pure and holy passion
Give me one magnificant obsession
Give me one glorious ambition for my life
To know and follow hard after you

To know and follow hard after you
To grow as your disciple in your truth
This world is empty, pale, and poor
compared to knowing you, my Lord
Lead me on and I will run after you
Lead me on and I will run after you

I have such a strong passion for music.  So many times I catch myself disecting a song and allowing it to speak to me spiritually.  It is just one of many ways I feel extremely connected to God.  You may have already heard this song before, but if not I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment