"Be still, and know that I am God."
-Psalm 46:10



Sunday, April 3, 2011

Queen Madeline

This weekend I had the priviledge of going to the Junior Auxiliary Charity Ball in Columbus, MS.  My roomate, Madeline, was chosen to be Queen and she asked all of the roommates, along with some other friends, to come be a part of the ceremony with her.  We had a blast.  I had never experienced anything like it!  Madeline was gorgeous : ) 
The night began with lots of music, make-up, and pretty dresses.  I felt like I was in high school again getting ready for prom!  We headed to the building where the ceremony was going to take place, and took pictures with the Queen.  Then, we were taken to our seats where we would watch Madeline's entrance!  The twist of it all is that no one at the ceremony knew that Madeline was chosen Queen.  We only knew because we were her roommates!  So, it was all a big surprise! 
After the ceremony, there was a great band playing music and lots of dancing : )
We thought the night ended there, but we were very wrong.  We were then taken to the "royal breakfast" where fruit, biscuits with gravy, grits, sausage, homemade cinnamin rolls, and breakfast casserole awaited us.  It was delicious!  After stuffing our faces, we headed back down for more dancing.  Around midnight, it was time for bed.  We were exhausted, but all had such a great night. 
We went back to the guest house and crashed.  This morning, we all got up and headed to Harvey's for a brunch.  I thought the food couldn't get any better from the night before.  Oh, was I wrong! 
I had a plate full of shrimp grits, steak, potatoes, bacon, sausage, chocolate chip muffin, and banana nut bread.  Absolutely amazing. 
I am so thankful that Madeline invited us to be a part of such a big night for her.  She looked absolutely stunning and I am so proud to say I am her roomate. 
Here are a few pictures from the night. Enjoy : )


A few of us before taking pictures with Madeline


At the ceremony


Queen Madeline : )

Beautiful

Brunch at Harvey's

Check out the food : ) yum.

The Queen's dance with the King


1 comment:

  1. awesome pictures! That sounds like a lot of fun :)
    you're so pretty :) and i love your dress

    ReplyDelete