"Be still, and know that I am God."
-Psalm 46:10



Tuesday, February 22, 2011

God in Nature

I am absolutely LOVING this weather : )  If it was only going to stay this way.  I know it is only a matter of time before it cools down again.  Summer will be here before we know it though. 
I went and visited the winery the other day.  It is probably my favorite spot on MSU's Campus.  I am not really sure why, because honestly there is nothing too special about it.  It is just gravel roads, trees, and a lot of landscape where cotton, corn, and other things grow.  For some reason though, I meet God there every single time.  Ever since I discovered it my Freshman year, it has been that place where I go to relax and be with Him.  I would encourage you, if you don't already do this, to try and find a place in nature where you can be with God.  I always was told that nature was a great place to be in His presence, but never really understood until I found the winery. 




I just started doing a bible study with a group of girls from the Wesley Foundation not too long ago.  We are reading a book called, The Mind of Christ, by T.W. Hunt and Claude King.  I have enjoyed it so much so far and can't wait to see how the rest of the semester will go. 
Here is one of our memory bible verses from week one that has really been on my heart:
Romans 12:2
" Do not conform any longer to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- his good, pleasing and perfect will."

1 comment:

  1. I have special places like that too. Nothing too special, but I go there to meet with God...and He shows up! Those times are so precious.

    ReplyDelete